Monday, October 26, 2009
Twilight star Robert Pattinson's character Edward Cullen has been voted the favourite movie vampire.
Twilight heart-throb Robert Pattinson's character Edward Cullen has been hailed film buffs' favourite movie vampire.
The 23-year-old heartthrob drew first blood with 38 per cent of votes in the survey of more than 3,000 cinema-goers, ahead of the follow-up to the modern-day thriller, New Moon, which hits cinemas next month.
The online poll was conducted by Pearl And Dean at www.pearlanddean.com. Kathryn Jacob, chief executive of Pearl and Dean, said: "People love to be scared witless, particularly at this time of year. "And Edward Cullen being voted firm favourite movie vampire is testament to the fact that people still enjoy a good bloodsucker."
Here are the top 10 favourite movie vampires, the film they appeared in and the percentage of votes received:
1. Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson): Twilight - 38%
2. Dracula (Christopher Lee): Hammer Horror Dracula films - 15%
3. Blade (Wesley Snipes): Blade - 10%
4. Lestat (Tom Cruise): Interview with the Vampire - 8%
4. Dracula (Gary Oldman): Bram Stoker's Dracula - 8%
6. Selene (Kate Beckinsale): Underworld - 7%
7. David (Kiefer Sutherland): The Lost Boys - 6%
8. Santanico Pandemonium (Salma Hayek): From Dusk till Dawn - 4%
9. Graf Orlok (Max Schreck): Nosferatu - 3%
10. Dracula (Bela Lugosi): Dracula - 2%
Source via Pattinsonlife